Jennings Chapel United Methodist Church
Jennings Chapel United Methodist ChurchOrganized 1847 as first and only Methodist Protestant Church established in Tuskaloosa Co. On this site were first two structures used by Jennings Chapel. The first, a log house built circa 1850 and a clapboard building erected November 1890. Brick structure was completed 1956. John H. Harper Sr. organized this church, serving as its first pastor for over 30 years. Named for Dr. Samuel K. Jennings, a physician and minister of national note in early years of Methodist Protestant Church. First trustees were: Dr. Samuel K. Jennings. John H. Harper, Sr., John C. Hamner, Turner P. Hamner and Richard H. Hamner.